Thursday, February 3, 2011

When Having A Son Like Mine!

The love for my son
            Having a child has really been a huge impact in my life; it hasn’t only affected my life as a whole, but my family as well. Being that he is my mother’s first grandson. Having my son really made me open my eyes to see that this would be a very important and dedicated job that I would have to maintain. However, becoming an independent mother made me also realize that I had to take care of responsibilities like working hard, going to school, and not spending as much time with friends. Becoming a great mom was my number one priority from there on in.
            Working about thirty five hours plus a week is an obsession for me. I love working long hours a week, to support my son. I know that if I work as hard to get what I need for him I wouldn’t have to depend on anyone. A lot of mothers think that , they need someone to be there for them at all times, but little do they know working hard gets you to a lot of places. I even get caught up in working so many hours a week that I have to find my free time to make sure I provide the attention my son needs. Devotion and love really comes with having a child.
            Because I also attend school, I often find myself being real busy, but that doesn’t get in the way of me being a great mother. I made it easier for myself by enrolling my son at an off campus daycare which is walking distance from campus. Attending a school like Finger Lakes Community College has really made it easy for me, I can attend school at the hours and days that I need to, they work around my schedule from work and quality time with my son. It’s basically a set schedule that I have every single day so I won’t become disorganized.
             By me becoming a mother spending time like I used to with friends has changed a lot. I don’t go out as much, and I actually don’t spend as much money on unnecessary things. It’s been all about him, and saving as much money as possible. Now when I get invited to the mall, and to different places I could actually take him with me, they enjoy his company. Many of my friends now have become mothers them selves, and come to me for advice. They see me as a great role model.
Even though having a baby is a huge responsibility, I have taken full accountability of being prepared to raise a son of my own. It’s not only pleasurable, it’s good to know that there’s just this little body waiting for your love and affection every waking day. I’ve learned so much becoming a mother, that working long hours a week, attending college, and not spending as much time with friends has really changed the way I look at life now and days.  

1 comment:

  1. Kids drastically change our lives. It sounds like you're a dedicated and focused parent--never easy but always worth it.

    ReplyDelete