Friday, February 11, 2011

Topic of Choice week 3


Improving my writing skills

College Comp has really helped me develop writing skills that I was not aware of or was not very familiar with. College comp has increased my learning skills in classifying, verbs, adjectives, conjunctions, and all the comma uses, like introductory bits, fan boys, comma splices, conjunctive adverbs, X,Y,Z, describers, and interrupters that I had no clue about, and much more. College composition is an introductory course that focuses on college writing, and the writing process. I knew college was a place to learn much more than what I have learned in high school, but its a lot of similarities between high school and college its just that the teachers in college don’t really care if you do your work or not. High school was the opposite, teachers/ professors gave you rewards if you did your homework, and that’s what drove kids to study or do there work. Parts of the writing process that I am working on to become better as a writer are sentence structures, paragraphs, and essays. Working on a lot of practice pieces in college comp will make me achieve my goals, and the semester. But my goals out of those three things (sentence structure, paragraphs, and essays) are to become better in essay structures and to improve the skills as a writer, and help me develop the strategies for writing at a college level.  As for, Mrs. Kenney being my professor my first semester in college I think I will make it through this semester, just as long as I use the proper skills.    

1 comment:

  1. I beg to differ. It's not that I/we don't care if you do your work, it's that I/we believe that if you want this education, you'll understand that your success is it's own reward. If you're only doing your homework for an extrinsic reward, then you're missing half of the point.

    ReplyDelete