Thursday, March 31, 2011

Two sentences from a Classmate

" A friend, not long ago told me that "God never gives us more than we can carry..." and I felt that I HAD to be strong, not just for my mother but for everyone, and most importantly to honor my Father's memory. He was not expressive with emotion. I think I saw him cry once, maybe twice. I spent much of my life growing up wanting to hear him say he was proud of me. I don't recall that he ever did, but we loved one another and reached a place of mutual respect. I figure I can't ask for a lot more." By Joe Nairn

I chose these parts of Joe's blog because I kind of felt like I could relate to them in some kind of way. He was right whe he said God never gives us more than we can carry so what God did for me was take my father away from me and decided that he was nothing but trying to bring negativity around my life, like wishing that I never should of had a son, but who thinks that way when he was already here. My father never accepted my son and still doesnt talk to me this day, but I dont care because Im going to be a strong woman with or without him in my life. And the whole thing about my father giving me recognition never exsisted, but I know that in the back of his mind he wants to tell me how proud he is of me raising my son alone, attending college, and working to get what I want I life.

No comments:

Post a Comment