Friday, March 4, 2011

Determined

Determination is the act of coming to a decision or creating a purpose.  Determination takes a huge factor in my life because my mother is from  Puerto Rico and my father is  from Dominican Republic. They both came to America with nothing literally they both stayed with a friend until they were able to live on their own. My father worked at McDonalds as a janitor until he saved up enough money so he could invest in property with his friend. Once he invested his money in to property he quit his job and he put all of his time and effort in to the investment. The time and effort spent was worth it, his business started becoming profitable. Then he invested in more property and made his living from his investments.
When my mother first came to America she was a under the table maid, she washed peoples clothes, she cooked cleaned and baby sat. She did enough to provide for her three daughters. We lived in a two bedroom apartment with three girls to a room and my mother and father shared a room. My mother and father were never married but my father was always there when we all were younger. My mother took on all duties of mom and dad; she did everything she could to provide for us.  The struggles my mother and father faced after coming to America encourages me to take advantage of all opportunities that provided for me.
My mother had paved a way for me to be successful with her determination to provide a better life for her children. I think about the things my mother has done and I am determined to be everything my mother believes I could be. Also, I refuse to be another statistic, for example another Hispanic young mother having a family of my own, I can not provide for, or another young mother not attending college.
Synonyms for this word may include. decision, judgment, measurement, opinion, perception, purpose, resolution, resolve, result, settlement, solution, verdict, visualization. Judgment is defined as decision about blame. Determination is related to judgment because in both you have to come to a decision. Measurement is defined as analysis, the relation in both terms you have to analyze what is placed in front of you. Opinion and determination is both based on beliefs. Perception is defined as coming to a decision. Through determination one has to come to a final decision. Result is defined as an effect brought about by something. Determination you have to come to a result which was affected by earlier action. Settlement is defined as a conclusion. Determination you must have a conclusion to your decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment